We are so very proud of EXCEPTIONAL job our team at Azura Memory Care of Oconomowoc and beyond has done to create a home that supports our residents and engages them in the precious moments of life’s joys!
Oconomowoc is set up as a two household unit, connected by a Community Center and will help provide services for up to 44 people. Our largest home in the Azura Memory Care family of care, but yet created to have the same supports that is indicative of our legacy of care.
Here is a peak into the world created using the same philosophy and planning of our existing homes:
- Paint and fabric colors that are dementia specific and support a sense of calm and centeredness.
- Flooring with smooth transition to reduce visual complexities of the aging eye that increase risk of falls.
- Furniture suited and tested to support the body as it ages and throughout the disease process; enabling easy of standing and long-term seat comfort.
- Decorations provided to evoke memories and spark conversations; including MOSAIC Purposeful Destinations related to military service, cooking and fishing.
- Intended engagement spaces for dining, relaxing, family gatherings and outdoor areas to grill and garden.
- Food that is created in-house and is dementia specific using the MOSAIC Dining experience as a guide to enhance intake and socialization around the dinner table.
- MOSAIC Training is provided to every Team member instilling not only our philosophy of care, but the understanding that our goal of transforming the culture of memory care is met through the smiles of joy on our residents’ faces!
If you are in the Oconomowoc area please stop by for a visit or call Laura Volz, Director of Community Relations at 414-405-2205 for more information.